Working To Achieve A Fair Spousal Support Solution
Spousal maintenance and alimony are meant to be a fair agreement between divorcing spouses, but without skilled representation, you could be left without the support you need after your divorce. If you need spousal support to help you work toward becoming financially independent, not receiving enough could make it difficult for you to establish yourself. If your spouse is seeking alimony, you want to ensure that the financial support you offer doesn’t damage your finances in turn.
Whether you are requesting spousal support as a part of your divorce agreement or your spouse is asking that you pay alimony, Beckman Law Firm, LLC, will act as your advocate. Our Littleton-based attorneys will work to protect your interests and ensure that you have what you need to move forward after your divorce.
How Is Alimony Calculated?
Every divorce is as unique as the marriage that preceded it, and the details of your marriage are the basis of how much alimony may be paid. Factors that will be considered in the calculation of spousal maintenance include:
- The resources held by the person seeking alimony, including property awarded to them during property division
- Choices made during the marriage that may impact either person’s earning capacity in the future, including whether one party left the workforce to raise your children
- The time that it would take for the person seeking alimony to get the education or training they need to find employment
- The standard of living that you and your spouse experienced during your marriage
- The length of your marriage
- The age, physical health and mental health of the person seeking alimony
Alimony payments are meant to be fair. This means that they should allow the person seeking alimony to face a more stable financial future at the end of your marriage, and they should not have a negative impact on the other spouse’s ability to support themselves.
With so many factors at play, it is important for you to work with an attorney who will advocate for you and ensure that your needs are met. A skilled attorney can help you reach a fair arrangement that will allow you to face a more certain financial future after the end of your marriage.
Contact Us To Protect Your Future
To make sure that your interests are defended, and your needs are met, work with an experienced attorney. Call (303) 225-9474 or contact our firm online to schedule a conversation with one of the lawyers from Beckman Law Firm, LLC.